PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, April 25, 2013

JON'S CRAZY BIRTHDAY SKETCH FEST!!!

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!  And boy did I get a cool present from my good friend Chandra Connor!  She sent me a shirt made by another good friend, Z&F Creator Dawn Griffin!  Gotta say, this shirt is most excellent!  And best of all, it goes great with my Mystico (Sin Cara) Mask!  The colors all compliment one another!

 Even Mr. Socko agrees that the shirt really ties the look together!

So yeah, it's my Birthday today.  29 Years young but just not feeling it.  It's hard staring down 30.  I still feel like a kid at heart, but know I'm not anymore.  Guess it's all a part of getting older.  Things haven't exactly been perfect in recent years, but I'm working hard to right some of those wrongs.  Many cool things have happened despite it all, and I know many more will follow.  It's my last year in my 20's, so it's time to make it count!

In recent months, I've been doing a lot of sketch cards.  Some were gifts, others commissions, but ALL were a lot of fun to work on.  So sit back and relax as I display some of my CRAZY Sketch Cards!

 First up, a set of cards for my extended Canadian "Family."  Warren Frantz of Off Season is one of my closest pals on Twitter and did a hilarious guest strip for my anniversary.  So I did these cards featuring his cast, which in turn are based off himself and his wonderful wife and kids!

 Up next, another good pal from the Great Whit North, Picpak Dog creator Kim Belding.  Being the kind dude that he is, Kim sent me back the original art for his guest strip, a very nice hand-written note AND a "Bag 'O Bees"!  They've really helped my grammar!

 This trio of sketch cards was done for the great Jamie Cosley of Cody the Cavalier!  I've done a guest strip for Jamie and I must say, his characters are so much fun to draw!

 Some more Z&F fun to be had here!  Dawn was kind enough to give M&M an exclusive guest spot in her comic a while back, so I gave her entire cast the CRAZY treatment!  I love doing fan art for Dawn. Her characters truly are the best!

My good pal J. Robert Deans of Crass Fed Comic was the recipient of the next few cards.  The first two were gifts, the other four requests, and good ones too!  They really challenged me to get detailed.

 Mike and Mindy and the Creature from the Black Lagoon.  The Creature is one of the toughest pieces I've ever drawn.  I think he came out pretty good though.  M&M don't seem too phased by him.  Guess it's hard to when you're as indestructible as they are!

 Rob is very good friends with Jamie, so not surprisingly he asked for a Cody sketch card.  Which is fine by me.  Cody's fun to draw!

 Black Beetle.  Another character that was somewhat challenging given my inexperience with muscle tones.  But I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.

 Only the Shadow knows that I drew him!  And anybody who see this blog I suppose.  Guess I should've put more thought into that quip?

 And now, my New CRAZYVERSE regular, the mighty PEGACOW!!!  Rob said he wanted a cow, but I wanted something more grand!  You better believe this will be on a shirt soon!

 These two cards went to the always awesome Matt Gross of the hilarious comic CAAATS!.  Those two fuzz balls never get old!  Pure feline hysterics!

 This card went to Stephen McGee of Rain Dog Comic.  His request was simple: A Sentient Meatball.  I was happy to oblige with the CRAZY request!

 V. Barker of Chalky Hearts suggested this CRAZY idea, A Canadian Duck!  I had a lot of fun with this one.  So much so that it's helped inspire a future story for me!

 This card was done for the Sketchcards.org site and is another personal favorite!  It'd be a dream if Tara Strong saw this and signed it!  Guess we'll see...

 This card was done for my friend Shelby-Lynn.  I never would've thought I'd draw Charlie Chaplin, but I was happy to do it.  I owe a lot to a truly creative mind for suggesting "The Tramp."

The next few cards went to Garbage Pail Kids super fan Diego Gonzalez!  He'd sent me five blank cards with four requests, leaving the fifth one up to me.  There's actually a sixth card too but, like a dumbass, I forgot to get a pic of it after finishing.  If you're out there Diego, hook me up with a scan! :D

 These were the four he specifically requested and I can say for sure these are the most detailed pieces I've ever done. "Dead" Ted in particular was a beast for me!  But I loved drawing it!

 And here's the mystery card!  When Diego saw this at Wondercon, his grin was huge!  It's always awesome when you actually see people enjoy your work.  Certainly helps boost the confidence!

 One of the things I like to do for friends on Twitter is give out Sketch Cards for Birthdays, and one such card went out to Thom Szewc of the comic Alone In The Crowd.  This is his character Hope, a crazy little girl that was a blast to draw!

These last few sketches were done at Wondercon for various Con goers.  I actually did more than are posted here, but once again, being a dumbass, I forgot to take pictures.  So enjoy what I got! 

 This came about after two little girls couldn't make up their minds what they wanted.  The youngest one, a My Little Pony fan, wanted a Unicorn.  The oldest one, a TMNT fan, wanted a Ninja Turtle.  So, I decided to meet them halfway and thus we now have the totally tubular NINJA TURTLECORN!  How cool is that?  

These two sketches went to my good pal Josh Crews and his son Lucian!  They came all the way up from my stomping grounds of South San Diego to come see me, which was really awesome of them!  I had a great time with these sketches.  I just wish I had a better camera!

 Josh asked for Finn, but I threw in the Lumpy Space Princess too because she's Lumpin' Awesome!

 Lucian asked for Mordecai and Rigby which I was MORE than happy to draw!
 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA!!!!!!

This last sketch went to a young fan who remembered me from the previous year and asked me to draw a monster, my favorite!

Well folks, that's all for this month!  I'll be back next time with a NEW Mike and Mindy that'll finally bring to a close their "Get to School" epic!  Will the Silent Twosome finally make it?  "Toon" in next week to find out!  In the mean time, take care and I'll catch y'all later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment